Those of you who've tried to visit lately have noticed that the blog is almost unusably slow these days. I've tried to fix this by changing around a lot of the back end stuff. It's described in the new Installation page
. I'll be monitoring it over the next few days to see if it's improved as much as I've hoped. If not, I may just hack on either the sample blog app that comes with Camping
or the one that comes with Nitro
. If there's one thing I've learned lately it's that writing a blog is easy. Writing a decent one is hard.
UPDATE: My plans suffered a huge setback when Scott Laird
submitted a huge patch
That simultaneously broke (temporarily) the entire blog, and (permanently) the two custom sidebars I wrote. I'll re-write the sidebars.